October 17 – 19, 2014: Portland was for Michael. For beer.
In general, he tends to plan the adventures in cities because they’re often about good food and good beer. Neither of which I care too much about.
So, we ventured into Portland twice by taking the light rail from the Expo Center Park & Ride. On the first day we:
- Had a donut at Blue Star (opposed to Voodoo Donuts which we heard from a friend was more of a tourist trap)
- Drank at Deschutes Brewery
- Visited Powell’s Books (clearly this was on my list)
- Drank at Bailey’s Taproom
- Ate Thai food from a food truck
Then, the second day consisted of:
- Eating brunch from a food truck
- Drinking at Hair of the Dog Brewing Company
- Drinking at Cascade Brewing
- Visiting Rejuvenation (we happened across this long-time favorite lighting store by chance!)
- Ate dinner at food trucks
Summary: Beer. Food trucks. More beer. More food trucks.